Friday, August 10, 2007

I am a survivor...

In three weeks I will be 30 years old....and I am pretty happy with what I have done in my life so far. After I moved away from home, my life has been filled with more than most people experience in a lifetime.

Among other things, I have:
-had two brainsurgeries
-done winterswimming
-visited about 30 different countries (so ten more before I am 40 ;))
-travelled alone to places like Scotland, Australia and India
-been swimming with giant turtles
-Walked 70 km in three days in New Zealand
-have had three tattoos made, all of which tells the story of my life in a symbolic way.
-done whitewater rafting
-worked with TV production
-been bitten by a monkey and got 5 rabies shots.
-worked on a travelling funfair in Denmark
-buried my mother
-worked with a festival in the US
-made food (alone, with almost no help) to 120 people and got a LOT of compliments for the food
-participated in voodo rituals in Africa
-lived in 5 different countries
and last but not least, grown a lot as a person.

I definetly want the next ten years to be as filled with experiences as the last ten years, but in a way I do feel like an era is over....that kind of makes me sad, but still, I have to remember that I am the only one controlling my life. One thing that I definetly still want to do is to spend three months in Guatemala and learn spanish....lets see how that plan will work out :)

10 comments:

Lintin said...

Wow wow wow wow!! Hur tusan har du lyckats med allt detta? Du är ju en helt fantastisk källa till inspiration, kvinna. Fräls mig genast och berätta mer!

P I F F L A N said...

Hemligheten är att inte låta rädslan och oron vinna...att bara våga leva och inte vara rädd för det okända!
Tycker du ska lista tio saker du vill göra de kommande 5 åren, och faktiskt se till att göra det! :)

The Gatekeeper said...

Wow, it could take a lifetime to blog about each of those accomplishments. I hope you get to go to Guatemala.

P I F F L A N said...

:) I am a bit curious about you, but I was not able to access your site trough your linkname..?

Ella said...

OMG, hur har du hunnit! Nää, jag är inte ett dugg avis... i alla fall inte på rabiessprutorna.

Nu måste jag läsa mer om dig.

.......... said...

10 saker man vill göra dem kommande 5 åren...hmm..? Vad göra när man faktiskt inte vet längre..när man inte är helt säker.. Men men, du har mycket att vara stolt över. Inte minst 2 brainsurgeries (?) och så verkar du ha rest i en del tropiska länder ist för storstäder :)

P I F F L A N said...

Ella: nää, rabiessprutorna kändes lite onödiga, fast jag tänkte skaffa en såndär rabies bricka som hundar har då de blivit vaccinerade och sätta runt halsen ;)

Butterfly: Jag är säker på att du kommer på vad du vill göra bara du funderar, men kom ihåg att det inte finns några som helst gränser då du funderar. ALLT är möjligt, då kommer du nog att komma på nåt :)

Anonymous said...

Vi föds med olika hög nivå av enzymet MAO i kroppen. Det avgör om man blir rädd eller har en längtan till utmaningar. Det är väldigt intressant faktiskt att man redan vid födseln kan mäta och se om den här lilla varelsen kommer att bestiga berg eller luta sig tillbaka. Du har nog ett lågt värde av detta enzym.. med tanke på hur du har levt.

(läs mer här http://www.hjarnfonden.se/hjarnan/sensation.shtml)

Jag skulle aldrig våga gör hälften av det du har gjort. Jag måste hitta mod att åka buss, köra bil och åka hiss ;)

Jag är mäkta imponerad.

P I F F L A N said...

tack lilltanten! ska kolla på linken, och man vågar mera än man tror...det kommer du också att märka ;)

Ani Star said...

As a survivor of childhood abuse, I’m trying to reach out and connect with as many other survivors in the blogging community as I can. My hope is that the blogs I come across, yours included, might be helpful to not just myself, but to the thousands of other survivors that blog the online world if we can all come together in one place.

I’ve recently added a link to your blog onto the ‘Survivor Blogs’ page of my own website, ‘My Dissonance’. The ‘Survivors Blogs’ page of my website has been created as a listing of blogs belonging to known public survivors of abuse. I’ve decided to use ‘My Dissonance’, to connect with as many other survivors of childhood abuse as I can. And, through these pages, my wish is to connect said survivors with one another.

You may find your site within the listings at my site at www.withdissonance.net. If for any reason you would like me to remove the link to your site please let me know. My contact information is listed below. And please, if you know of any survivor blogs that you think might be helpful, or if you own one that isn’t yet listed on this page please let me know and I’ll check it out.

Thank you,
~ Ani Star

PS: Also if you would like me to edit, delete, or add any information regarding your site please let me know. :)


My Dissonance
URL: www.withdissonance.net
Email: anistar@withdissonance.net