Monday, August 13, 2007

Evaluation

I had an evaluation with my boss today and it went very well (I already got the salary raise :))
I just need to write down the things she said so that I can remember it and improve what needs to be approved.

I live as I preach, that is a great leader quality. I have high demands on myself and on others. I need to learn to accept that other people might not have as high demands on themselves as I have, and stop expecting more of them than they can deliver. I need to remember that most people are trying their best.
My emotions are pretty transparent which can be good and bad. I need to learn to express my negative emotions in a different (more positive) way to be a good leader
From time to time I need to make a choice. Should I be honest or a leader?
In communication I need to learn to adjust how I talk depending to which group I am talking to. Especially the management group.
I am very result oriented which is good.
I have courage to question things and a will to understand things.
I have an ability to see the big picture.

She also told me about five times that I need to focus on how to improve my strenghts and not focus on my weaknesess. When looking at my list, I have kind of forgotten that again.... :/ So, she also thought that I one day will be a very good project manager (not working as one yet) and that she sees very much potential in me, I guess that is good :)

No comments: