Thursday, August 9, 2007

Insects

I have been bothered with earwigs the last few months. They climb into my window, and I find out that are in my apartment, when I am sitting on my couch and they climb on me and pinch me somewhere on my body. I HATE insects.
But anyway, you would think that as I live in the Nordic countries, I should be safe from having bugs in my apartment, but it´s not true, this is not the first time I have had uninvited guests in my home.....In my last apartment, when I was still living in Helsinki I had a problem with flys. During about two weeks in september, my apartment was invided by flys. I don´t know where they came from, but I killed around 20 flys each and every day. It was DISGUSTING! Luckily it was just for a short period of time.
But something that is even worse than ordinary flies are bananaflies...I was living with a group of girls who were VERY bad at cleaning and doing the dishes. I was away for a week or something and when I come back the whole kitchen has been invaded by bananaflies, it was not our kitchen anymore, it was THEIR kitchen. There were probably around 500 bananaflies in that kitchen.....I took quite a while to get rid of them...
When living in Australia it was of course my "favourite" insects, spiders, that was here and there in the house. Some bigger and some smaller. Some poisonous and some not.
Anyway, I also need to point out that it is not crappy apartments that I have had. Most of them has actually been pretty expensive, but it still seems you can´t be safe from the insects, huh? Maybe I need to start liking them more....or no, I will never ever like them in MY house!! :/

2 comments:

Erica R said...

Hi great reaading your post

Erica R said...

Nicce blog you have