Thursday, June 28, 2007

New Boss

As you spend so many hours of your life at work, it obviously also becomes a big part of your life.
We are going trough a lot of organizational changes at work, not negative ones but positive ones where we are growing and the organization is changing. I also learned today that my boss is quitting and we are getting a new boss.
I don´t like the idea of getting a new boss as the person who is my boss today is the person who hired me, and I know she belives in me. What if the personal chemistry with the new person does not work at all? What if the new person is extremly controlling and has a very different idea of what I should be doing compared to what I am doing now? I have never really realized how much the boss affects the work enviroment, but he or she does.
I like changes as long as they are not for the worse. With changes you grow and get to know yourself and a lot of the times you suddenly manage to do things that you never thought you would be capable of. But pretty much everybody are scared of changes, scared of the unknown and uncertain, myself included. This is when you need courage. Courage to go trough the changes despite your fear. You need to learn to face that fear and realize that you are bigger than the fear.

............Ok, anyway, I starts sounding like I am preaching here, need to stop now :)

..................
Arbete, omorganisering, karriär, rädsla, mod, förändring

No comments: