Monday, June 11, 2007

Insomnia 3, Vacation, Travelling

First of all, there is a difference between travelling and vacation. What we did in Italy was definetly travelling and not having a vacation. The difference is, in my opinion, that when you have a vacation you relax, you do as little as possible and just gather some energy.
Travelling on the other hand is not as relaxing, when travelling you want to see as much as possible, you walk a lot (we walked about 20 km per day) and you don´t do a lot of relaxing just doing nothing. I can´t say that I feel very relaxed after our travels, this not neccessarily being a bad thing, as we have seen so much beautiful places and really taken advantage of our time.
The downside is that I have had trouble sleeping as I have been so hyped during the whole week. Last night I probably fell asleep around 4 in the morning. I wasn´t able to relax and just take it cool even if I was already at home. This is a problem I have, whenever there are a lot of things going on I can´t relax and fall asleep. I am actually afraid that this will be an obstacle for me in my career, I am afraid my stresslevel is not high enough? The paradox is that I get so stressed from not being able to relax, and that makes me afraid I can´t handle things. Maybe that is the thing? The fear of not being able to be good enough?
When I was on my way home from Italy and finally just sat down and did´nt walk around all the time I started to shiver, my whole body ached and I felt like throwing up (which I actually did on the transfer bus to my connection flight, thank good for the airplane puking bags! :/, and two more times at other places) I should not have pushed myself this much, but I felt like I would have been weak if I would´nt had, I would have felt like a strengthless and useless person. It is when I push myself too much that I get trouble sleeping, and that is not a good thing. My BF still suffers from his burnout he had quite a few years ago. He did not listen to his body and that caused the body to strike. He thinks that I am not in the riskzone because I am better at setting my own limits...but when feeling like I do now, not being able to sleep, I get a bit nervous. But I am sure I will be able to sleep tonight....
..............
Backpacking, semester, insomnia, utbränd

No comments: