Sunday, June 10, 2007

Amazing landing x 2

I am back!
Landing in Italy and landing in Sweden were two of my most memorable and beautiful landings with an airplane ever, and that is a big deal, considering that I have landed with an airplane probably over a 100 times in my life.
Landing in Genova was really amazing, and this is the time when I hope I would be better at writing so that I could describe the beauty in words, but I can´t do more than give it a good try. Why it was so amazing to land in Genova was because the town is situated by the water and in green and lush hills. You could see the small villages scattered around with small little houses and red roofs. When the plane turned you saw the ocean crashing roughly into the high rocks that is protecting Genova. It was just so perfect, it looked like a miniature model from a fairytale, it looked so calm, so peaceful, so perfect....
Landing in Stcokholm was also amazing, but in a very different way. There was a heavy rainfall, but only over a small area, and trough that rainfall you saw the sun setting. The rainfall made it seem like we were landing in a fairytail land in the middle of the cloudes, as the rain connected the land with the clouds above us. The light was perfectly orange and soft. And while we are still quite far up in the air, and the sun is setting, this marvellous bright and clourful rainbow appears in the sky......my home....
I can´t find the words to describe the beauty of this, but I have it in my head, and I hope you can at least get a hint of how it looked like. More about my travels in Italy later on, and then I can add pictures so my crappy writing won´t matter ;)
................
landskap, semester

2 comments:

.......... said...

Life is beautiful..

Anonymous said...

I also encounter the same difficulty of finding the right words to describe a certain place's beauty... the feeling is just so overwhelming. =) Enjoy your trip in Italy!