Thursday, May 24, 2007

Self Evaluation

I had to do a self evaluation today, this is for the salary negotiation I am going to have with my boss in the beginning of next week. It felt kind of strange doing it as I already know I am going to get a salary raise, but we need to have a dicussion about how much I will get. There are five different levels in the salarys that I need to take into consideration when scoring myself. I am on the beginners level and I have to score myself according to that. Would I be in a higher level the demands would be higher and my scores lower.
It is strange to evaluate yourself as there are so many aspects that needs to be taken into consideration. I think when we evaluate our personality and ouseleves as human beings we hardly ever take into consideration the aspects around us. We just have a generalised picture of how things should be and how we should act. That usually causes problems for ourselves as we make an evaluation based on wrong data.
I feel it is hard for me to evaluate myself for the salary negotiation and even if I constantly judge myself in my private life, I think it is virtually impossible to get a realistic picture............or maybe I am just complicating things too much?? If you are a good worker, you get a salary raise and if you like yourself as you are, you will have a good life. Maybe it is as simple as that??!! :)
.........................
Samhälle, lön, själv analys

No comments: