Thursday, May 17, 2007

Insomnia

Why does things become a lot worse in the night when you are lying there in the dark trying to sleep? I had a couple of frogs jumping out of mouth the other day to a person at work and she did not appreciate it too much. I always get insecure when I realize I have offended somebody and I also know it is not very wise to make enemies at work especielly as I am trying to do improvement work and need to have everybody with me.
But anyway, last night I was laying awake not being able to sleep. I listened to the birds chirping outside but it did´nt make me feel better. I just felt this awful "night anxiety", this awful feeling that makes you think everything is ten time worse than it really is. And it gets even worse if you slumber and are half a sleep and half awake. You then start dreaming about the thing you are thinking about ,and the feeling grows even stronger and makes the thing you are thinking about REALLY terrible.
Luckily the morning always comes and after being awake for maybe an hour you realize that none of your fears in the night is actually valid or true....
.................
insomnia, sömnlös, känslor

No comments: