Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Happiness?

I have been thinking a lot about happiness lately. Mostly I think about it in the mornings when I wake up, because for some reason, the bad things always comes first into my mind when I wake up. I don´t want to have that kind of a start of the day. I would rather have happy thoughts when I wake up, or maybe not even happy, but at least just neutral and peaceful thoughts.
I definetly belive that happiness and satisfaction comes from the inside, of course outside factors affects you, but that is still not what rules you and your happiness, or it should´nt.
It is a lot easier to look outside yourself for what can bring you happiness, because then you can remove the responsibility from yourself and you can blame other things for not being happy. But when I for example wake up, and the first thoughts I get into my head is the bad things, how can that be anybody elses responsibility but mine?
I am going to work more on living in the moment, and worrying less about the future or the past. Another thing I want to work on is knowing what I can control and what is out of my control, that is a hard one....Relaxing a bit more in the everyday routine life and being able to feel peaceful about "the boring life" is another thing. Realizing that the real life is not on adventures around the world but the everyday life you live most of the time.
The Buddhists are right in many things.

3 comments:

Syd said...

Living in the moment is what it's all about. I've learned that only I can make myself happy. It can't come from another person. And boring is sometimes good because it means I get to slow down a bit.

Amber Anique said...

I think about happiness ALL OF THE TIME!!
Which means we must be semi-human, lol!!!
I have a trick for you to try...I used to wake up, and only have sad or bad thoughts, which my day suck BIG TIME! So, what I did was put something that would make me smile, within seeing distance, when I first awake. I've done flowers, pictures of my family or nephew, etc.... Just little something that you may wanna try.

P I F F L A N said...

amber, sound like a good idea, might give it a shot! :)