Sunday, December 9, 2007

Trip Planning

I booked my trip to Panama about a month ago. It was´nt until a few days ago that I really took a good look at my booking. I have been so disconnected to the world that I have´nt really been aware of anything....anyway, I got a small unpleasent suprise when looking at my flights, I have to wait at JFK (New York) for 12 HOURS!!! and as if that would not be bad enough, I will be there in the middle of the night!! Sigh....I booked a hotel near the airport, but then realized that because I dont have a transit visa to US or anything I probably wont be able to leave the airport during theese 12 hours....oh well, I need to call the american embassy tomorrow and see what the conditions are, but most likely I will be stuck in the airport for 12 hours and having to sleep on the floor in some corner. But this will be ok, it is not like it would be the first time I am doing it.
Then my colleeges also gave me a big scare about my passport. The passport has to be valid for six months after travelling, and I was not sure about the exact rules on where you start counting the six months. My passport expires in July, but I called the finnish embassy and found out that the passport has to be valid 6 months from the day you arrive home, so I am safe, my passport is valid 6 months and 10 days after I arrive home, but yes, I am cutting it very close.... :/
Anyway, I just need to figure out the 12 hours in JFK and then I hopefully have everything set....keep your fingers crossed, and yes, I am going to start focusing more on my trip.

2 comments:

Syd said...

Maybe there is a day room available at JFK. Check with the airport. You can rent a small room to sleep in at the airport for a few hours. I did it when I went to Australia and was stuck in Honolulu.

P I F F L A N said...

that would be great! do you know at which terminal you can do that?