Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Virgin school

Yesterday I watched a documentary on TV about a Virgin School. I was chocked that such a thing exists, but when I heard it is located in Amsterdam I was not as surprised. When we visited Amsterdam in the spring, we did of course also visit the red light district and let me tell you, the people in Amsterdam defiantly has a very different approach to sex than we have, and they are WAY more liberal than we are.
Anyway, I tried to watch the documentary with an open mind, and yes, it is probably good that a man can learn to face his fears about sex and get a chance to loose his virginity if he wants. Yes, I guess it is good that the women doing it are warm women that make him feel comfortable. But I think most of the people watching the documentary did find it a bit repulsive and probably quite a few started thinking about incest and got very uncomfortable watching it.
I guess I am writing this post in order to try to sort out my own thoughts about the documentary, but it is really hard. I can’t say that I think it is all wrong, but I can’t say it is all ok either. But I don’t think this kind of school would actually work anywhere else besides in Amsterdam, and I don’t think the people in Holland think it is as strange as maybe people from other countries think. I am just going to make the conclusion that there are different cultures, different needs and we can all have our own opinions about it. But if you are not hurting anyone, and somebody feels helped, then that is his or her choice, isn’t it? But yes, I also felt a bit repulsed.
Did anybody else see the documentary?

2 comments:

Syd said...

Does it mean that a man or woman can go to this school to lose their virginity? It sounds as if it could be a California thing and catch on over here as well.

P I F F L A N said...

Syd: yes, this is what it means. I think the course was four months long.