Sunday, August 26, 2007

Underground trance


Yesterday I went out to this underground tranceparty. Theese parties are a lot like the raves in the 1990´s and like most people think, there is a lot of drugs involved. I don´t do drugs myself but I still enjoy going to theese parties every now and then. The trance music is so hypnotizing and if you are stressed or in a bad mood or something it can feel really good to just let the beat move your body and dance away all the negative emotions. Analog pussies (on the picture above) were the "live act" at this party and I kind of liked the fact that there was not only a dj up there but it was a bit more of a perfomance to watch.
I do find it appealing to every now and then experience this subculture because is so very far away from the enviroment and the people I am working with every day. I feel that my work enviroment is the very essence of what people are supposed to do in society and most of the people seemes to be formed by the society, and don´t feel any reason to challenge the rules society has set. The fact is that I could never imagine most of the people I am working with to even consider being part of this culture, or even knowing that it exsists. The underground trance culture on the other hand is: Underground. It is in a way a partly forbidden world, a world that you don´t really talk about too much publicly. I feel it is extremly liberating to be part of two very different cultures and knowing that I feel a sence of belonging in both places. It is hard to explain, but I guess it is about being a complex person fitting into different places, being more than what appears at the first glance. It is about the freedom to choose who you want to be at that moment or which part of you, you wish to bring forward.
Anyway, I do have a bit of a hangover today, so I need to go and do something else.

No comments: