Monday, August 27, 2007

Routines

It is strange, I just have a good feeling today, maybe it is because I realized that I have routines in my life that I actually like. As I have written before I have had a problem with routines, when life becomes that every day life with not too many changes or suprises I almost freak out. My last ten years has been filled with changes, and I have never worked in one place for longer than 7 months (this because most employments has been project based) and since I moved away from home, ten years ago, I have not lived in one place for longer than 1,5 years.
I have soon worked at the same place for a year, and yes, I have felt the ants in the pants and that is why I have been applying for jobs, just to make sure I can get a change if I want to. But this weekend I realized that I love going to work every day, I love the fact that I have gotten good friends at work and that I know a lot of people there. There are actually other routines that I have that I like also, like when we are walking my BF´s dog, (and having good discussions at the same time) this same way by the water that we almost always walk. We have a favourite place that we have been swimming at and sunbathed at during the summer, that was also kind of a summer routine. Laying on the couch watching movies snuggled up with my BF is one routine that I would not want to miss.
Hmm....I guess I am not as hostile towards routines as I used to be, I need to start figuring out more routines that I like :)

No comments: