Thursday, August 30, 2007

Heard

There is a memory that I have that I have meant to write down for about a few months now. I thought I would write it down today, but then decided to wait until after my birthday.
Anyway, Torrdocka wrote a post today (in swedish) that moved me a lot. She said some things that I would have wanted to hear from my mum while she was still alive, but my mum got "deaf" from the alcohol and could not hear what people were telling her, she only heard her own paranoid voice.
Still, reading what Torrdocka wrote made me feel such a relief. Maybe because my mum could never see my dad´s and my side, she could only see herself. Torrdocka, who is a recovering alcoholic heard me, and in some ways it almost felt like my mum heard me. For me it is a enormous relief that a woman who knows what it is to be a slave to alcohol hears what I am saying. MY voice is heard, it has a meaning what I am saying and I am not just talking to a wall, like it felt so many times in my childhood.
Tack Torrdocka!

6 comments:

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

many greetings from the USA..I have family that came from sweden!!
I came across your blog by hitting the next blog from one of my favorites..
You express yourself great with nice honest openness.

I'll have to bookmark you so I can come back and read more when my two sons aren't pining for attention!
The roses are beautiful, by the way!

Always,
Crusty~
just your average misfit stay at home mom of three boys :)

P I F F L A N said...

Thanks Crusty and welcome back! :)

Anonymous said...

I like your blogg too... I found it through Torrdockas blogg, where I read every day.
I'm also an recovering alcoholic. I have 2 years sober tomorrow actually!
I hope to read a lot here!
Take care!

P I F F L A N said...

Thanks lillamej and welcome. I will come for a visit to your blog too :)

Anonymous said...

Har återkommit till din blogg och läst och läst. Det slog mig att jag inte har lämnat en kommentar på länge. Det är att jag bloggskissar dig..:)

Önskar dig en fin dag och tack för alla dina fina kommentarer på min bildblogg.
Varma kramar
Margareth

P I F F L A N said...

Tack för det. Ska hålla koll på vad du fixar med ;)
Kram!