Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Where does the line go between unconditional love and setting boundaries? I mean, I do feel that you can love unconditionally but still have boundaries and limits of what you think is ok or not.
In my opinion unconditional love is about making that person feel that he/she is ok as he/she is, but that can be done without accepting everything that the other person says, right? I mean if you never disagree with that person or have different opinions from him or her, you will loose yourself and then you will be miserable, or at least I would be. But I guess the keyword is respect and values. If you have respect for eachother and you have the same values, then you will be alright. Then you also know that having different opinions doesn´t mean that you are not loyal to eachother, it just means that you are honest enough to disagree.
I guess a good example would be a mum and her child. She has to set boundaries for him/her but she is still loving her child unconditionally, a little bit of though love is needed just for the childs best.
When thinking a bit more about unconditional love and reading the article I linked to my post yesterday I realize that I am not THAT bad. There are some issues that I still need to work on, but I could have a lot more conditions on the people I love than I actually have.
..............
kärlek, rättvisa

No comments: