Saturday, July 7, 2007

Going down the memory lane

My love bought a huge amount of LP albums for very cheap yesterday. We have´nt had time to really go trought all of them yet, but I was looking trough one of the boxes earlier today. Most of the LP´s are from the 70´s and the 80´s which means that there is a huge amount of my childhood music and memories in there.
I wouldn´t say that my musictaste was great when I was a kid. I remember that the first casette I ever owned was Sandra, the second Madonna and the third Samantha Fox. The thought of Samantha Fox always makes me smile. When I was a kid I did´nt understand that she was considered a sexsymbol, neither what she was really singing about. :) Imagine this: I am eight years old, I don´t know any english, but I am still trying to sing along to all the songs. I am sitting in the living room and my parents are watching TV. I have my headphones on while I am listening, as I don´t want to disturb my parents. I have a blanket over my head beacuse I don´t want them to see me while I am singing to the music (for some reason I did not think that this was disturbing my parents). My favourite song wa s "touch me" by Samantha Fox, and I sang along as if I understood what i was singing about. I did not know how to pronounce "touch me" so I sang "tasch me" instead. My dad tried to correct me, but I was certain I was right and kept on singing tasch me :) So there I used to sit, under the blanket, listening to my music, rewinding the tape and singing along with an uncomprehensible english :)
I saw a Samantha Fox LP in one of the boxes I searched trough today. I think I have to listen to "touch me" later tonight, and maybe my BF even will get to listen to some quality sing-a-long to that song ;)
............
barndom, musik

2 comments:

Lintin said...

Åh barndomsmusik är den bästa. Min favoritsång som barn var "No Coke" med Dr.Alban, och jag vågar påstå att min "engelska" var tio gånger värre än din =)

P I F F L A N said...

hihi...också en passande låt till ett barn ;)