Monday, July 23, 2007

Archipelago


I am back in my hometown where I lived for my first 20 years. It is a small summertown with about 10.000 people and it is very beautiful in many ways. I always get a bit anxious when I get back here as I feel I get too close to the past. But this time I am trying to just stay calm and I am trying to not get sucked into the bad emotions. So far I have been able to keep a distance between my past and the person I am today, although I feel it is really hard.
When I was a kid we were a lot out in the archipelago with my cousin and her family. It has been many years since last time I was out in the archipelago with them, but yesterday I got the chance to go out with them again and it was very nice.
The time I spent on the ocean and on the islands as a child are actually some of the happiest memories I have from childhood (feels good to think about the happy memories too :)). We spent so much time out in the archipelago that I know the shapes and the looks of most of the islands. I remember having seagrass fights, fishing, walking around the islands, frog hunting, being scared of snakes, swimming, sun, waves, eating donuts and drinking soda and just having a generally good feeling.
I just love the ocean, it makes me feel calm.
..................
skärgården, havet

No comments: