Thursday, June 14, 2007

Two weeks in Italy




Oh man....we saw so much during theese weeks, that is why our feet hurt so much afterwards also... :/
We started our trip in Genova, where I had to work for two days before we could start our travels. But then I had about half a day to walk around in the city, get lost inte old town, and really feel that I am in Italy.






Our trip continued to Pisa, to see the famous leaning tower. The tower was a lot smaller than I had imagined it, and I was a bit suprised. But the courtyard with the dome and the leaning tower was still a beautiful place all together.







Our trip then continued to the beautiful island Elba. I really wish the weather would have been better so that we could have spent some more time there, swimming, riding a scooter around the island and eating icecream. But we had really bad luck with the weather and without the sun in Elba, there is not much to do. I still want to say that it was a beautiful, beautiful island and I felt at home immediatly. I was so happy to be near the ocean, and to be in a smaller town....maybe next time it will be sunny...

We then continued to beautiful Florence, and I have to admit that I understand why it has become so popular. The whole city had a special feeling about it, and in a weird way, it wasn´t until we left the city that you realized that Florence was like from another time. BUT, I do not like places with a lot of tourists, and Florence is one of them. Places off the beaten track are more suitable for me.








Luckily, I say, we had problems finding a place to stay in Venice, and that is why we found beautiful Padua. This beautiful city, off the beaten track, made us both immedialty felt comfortable. This was a city that we just loved to walk around in and just really relax. That is why we ended up staying three nights here.





Montselice, the small village we took a daytrip to from Padua. We had hoped to be able to visit a castle there, as my BF would really have liked to see one....but the rain started pooring down on us as soon as we got to Montselice and the castle did not open until many hours later. We still had quite a good time there and once again, I just enjoyed being off the beaten track and in a small village.






Legendary Venice...I have to say it was a bit of a disappointment...Maybe it was because I had already fallen in love with Padua, or maybe it was because we had too high expectations. Once again, WAY too many tourist and WAY too commercial for me. But Venice still has its charm and it is not all bad, it was worth a daytrip, but I don´t think I would go there again.



I am not a big shopper, but for some reason, whenever I am travelling, there is a shopaholic born in me. I think it is because I see different things, not just things that everybody wears. And come on, this was Milan, the shopper paradise, and yes I shopped a lot! My BF did not find that very amusing, and in the end I had to promise him not to shop anymore, and that was a good thing :)






Our trip was getting closer to its end and during our last days we stayed in Bergamo, a lovely small city just outside Milan. I would have liked to see more of Bergamo, but once again, we ran out of time.
Anyway, I am happy about our trip, it was intense but good! I can definetly recommed travelling in Italy :)
................
semester, resa, backpacking

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hej Pifflan,
det verkar som om du har haft en underbar resa. Vi var i Italien förra sommaren och mina favoriter är nog Rom och Verona. Men Venedig luktade blä.
Hoppas du får en trevlig helg!
Kramis

.......... said...

Thankyou for the traveltip :) and for the beautiful pics.
Especially I like no 3 from above. I love to travel if its for holiday. Most of my travels were just for work and there were not much time to look around. But life changes and sometimes for the better :) and my man wants to buy a MC so we can ride around on that. That would fit my countryheart I think :)

P I F F L A N said...

Hopefully he will by a MC that you ride around on and feel free on... :)

.......... said...

uhm wouldn´t that be nice
to fell free like the wind.. ;)

franx said...

Thaks for your visit my blog..Itally is nice place..I like the Pissa picture make me smile..