Monday, June 18, 2007

Midsummer in Norrland

"I think it is too cold to spend the midsummer here in Stockholm, so I will go up to northern Sweden, almost up to the pole circle to see if it is warmer there" Does that sound like a smart comment? That is exactly what I am going to do, but I can´t claim that it is very smart as I am looking for warm weather. Made the decision to go today, booked my ticket, and flying tomorrow :)
But when you see the picture belove, you might understand why I want to go up there anyway. It is my BF parents summerplace on the pic, and it sure is a wonderful and beautiful place to be in. I need some peace right now, and I love being up there, watching my BF´s always happy dog running around in the yard and eating sticks until she pukes. :) I am going to take some books with me and I am also going to paint my nude selfportait up there (If you are nice, you might see it here on the blog when it is done ;)
I haven´t been much at work lately, but somehow I have still managed to be effective and get quite a lot of things done, I am impressed by myself! ;)

.........................
midsommar, Norrland

3 comments:

.......... said...

I´ve never been so far up north but heard it´s beautiful.
So you paint:) Me too, usually ordinary paintings in oil. To sit in the nature and be inspired must be fine for doing just that.
Hope you´ll have a happy midsummer!

SusuPetal said...

Seeing that photo, your words make sense. It's beautiful, although the water looks a bit chilly!

The sun is shining today in Helsinki and it's almost 15 degrees by this time, hope it's going to be a warm day.

Have a nice Midsummer, Pifflan.

P I F F L A N said...

Butterfly: I do paint, although it is many years ago since I did it last time, so lets see how it goes ;)

Susupetal: Yes, the water is going to be very cold...lets see if I will take a swim or not ;)