Friday, May 11, 2007

Leadership

Today we talked about leadership in our team leader course. I found the day very interesting as I got a better understanding of why people sometimes misunderstand me and I also got a better overview of how to be a leader.
My problem is that is usually skip the "get to know" phase and I usually just spit out what I think from the very first moment when I meet people. This is not appreciated by everybody and I guess I can understand that. But the positive sides of it is that people feel more comfortable to speak their mind too, usually way earlier than they would have without me letting frogs jump out of my mouth. But don´t get me wrong here, I am not THAT bad, just a little bit over the top ;)
As a leader you need to use different ways of leading depending on what stage the group is in. Apperantly there has been a study done a couple of years ago and they had found out that only 1% of the leaders are able to change leadership styles. Most of the leaders stick to the style they feel is most comfortable, and that is why their leadership doesnt always work.
What I learned today is that I am on the right track, but there is still a lot to learn :)
........
ledarskap

No comments: