Thursday, April 10, 2008

Boredom


Life is never boring but some people choose to be bored. The concept of boredom entails an inability to use up present moments in a personally fulfilling way. Boredom is a choice; something you visit upon yourself, and it is another of those self-defeating items that you can eliminate from your life
WAYNE W. DYER, Your Erroneous Zones

I am bored right now. At my work we are still in the reorganization period and I have not been given an interesting assignment yet. I have some small things that I am working on, but not too much. Being bored at work and being single is not the best situation for me, I feel like I don´t get enough stimulation and I start thinking too much.
I guess there can´t always be something happening, but that is still kind of what I am used to and what I want. But I am going to try to see this as a challenge, as a opportunity to start learning to just be in the everyday life and with myself. I went to the libray yesterday just to read, and it was nice, because I am reading a very good book, but I realized a café is better :) And when it comes to work, I have a great opportunity to read more about strategy thinking.

1 comment:

Syd said...

I don't like to be bored at work. At home, I seldom get bored.