Wednesday, March 19, 2008

honest communication

My manager came to me an apologized and said she feels like she has let me down, and she wanted me to know that she does support me in my career and daily work. It felt good, because she was right, I have felt like she has not been the manager I thought or hoped she would be (she is quite new in her position) but now it is ok, as she apologized.
I also had a dinner with a friend on Monday, or she was an acquaintance, but now I consider her a friend. We talked very honestly about values and the world and how our values sometimes do not fit into the world. Just sharing the same opinions and some honest feelings made the whole evening so special. A sense o lightness, safety and happiness came over me after that evening.

How easy it sometimes is to make things better. Just some honest communication and things are a lot easier than they seemed.

1 comment:

Syd said...

Honest communication is important. Rigorous honesty is how I got better.