Monday, March 10, 2008

connection

My friend was here and we had a great time...I really enjoyed her company and she reminded me of how much I miss having somebody to love...somebody to just enjoy the simple things in life with, like watching an ant carry some food, watching the sunset, sitting on the couch and drinking some tea and watching the ocean, or just sitting and talking with another human being and feeling that connection, feeling that you are on the same level and you understand eachother in a special way. A way that creates this little bubble where only you and the person you love are in.
I also miss the attraction to another person. Watching a man and just being proud of him being yours, or just being able to look at him after months of being together and still think that he is the most gorgeous looking man you have ever seen.
There are a lot of things I miss from having a relationship, but love is not something you can hunt down, you just have to wait for it to suddenly appear....Love is a suprise that you are lucky to get, maybe one day again...

1 comment:

Syd said...

I've found that I can enjoy those simple things whether I'm with someone or not. I know what you are saying though. It's nice to share the moments. The attraction to another gives way to comfort. And love is something that happens when you least expect it.