Thursday, May 10, 2007

Swedish Culture

I am taking a team leading course right now and I have spent quite a lot of time thinking about cultural diffrences. In the course we are talking a lot about the whole team having to be in consensus before making a decision, this something that is very swedish and feels kind of strange to me. Often times when I am at work I get annoyed at the fact that I am booked up for meetings usually around six hours per day, and I don´t get how I am supposed to get some work done when I sit in meetings all the time?
It is just very important for the sweedes to make sure everybody has all the information and that everybody feels that they have been heard. In a way I think this is great, but at the same time it is stealing a lot of time.
Anyway, I thought my course would last for four days, but now it is only for two days and the next two days will be in June, so now I have two completely empty days to just do work on my own....something good in everything, and damn the one who books me for meetings ;)
..........
svensk kultur

No comments: