Monday, April 30, 2007

Just Me

Yesterday we visited with some friends. When we met up with them they told us they were very bored, and felt like they felt like they did not have any interests or anything interesting to talk about, except last weekends party. What is interesting? What is unique?
Everybody wants to feel special and everybody wants to be interesting. In todays society it becoming more and more important to stand out and not be like the rest of the population. Some people try to be different by dressing uniqly, others try being different by talking about subjects that nobody else knows about, or they have more information about a certain subject than others.
In a way it is becoming more and more important to shout out: "this is ME and NOBODY is like me!" But is that true, or is that just a way of deciving yourself by beliveing that your feathers are shining more than others?
All my life I have been hearing from time to time that there is no one like me. This is coming from other peoples mouths and not mine. Everytime I hear it, I wonder why they say it and why I would be any different from any other people? Maybe I am different, and maybe I am unique, but I don´t feel a need to scream it out and make sure everybody knows I am special (if I really am). I just don´t see the point of it.
Peoples lives are not interesting and exciting all the time. Nobody is special all the time. Nobody can be unique all the time. At times we are all boring. Life would be so much easier if we could just accept that life is what it is.
Like my boyfriends says, he would have liked to live in the 16:th century, life was more simple then, and uniqness, freedom of choice and complexity was not as evident in the society as it is today. If we would live in the 16:th century, I bet my friends would not have complained or felt like they are not interesting enough, as the boredom we feel today was probably not even known during that time.
............
unikhet

No comments: